Monday, August 31, 2009

Hangover

It is August bank holiday, so you can forgive me for having a hangover today. I'm trying to branch out from my usual blue cheese linguine recipe, so created this as my hangover cure. So far, with 4 pints of Earl Grey tea, I'm almost recovered.

Smoked salmon and spinach linguine (serves 1)

100g linguine
1 clove garlic
3 tablespoons creme fraiche
1 tablespoons parmasan like cheese (I used a bit of aged gouda as that was what I had in my fridge)
Juice of half a lemon
Small handful of smoked salmon, roughly hand shredded
Handful of spinach

1. Cook the linguine, making sure to reserve a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water before you drain it.
2. In a separate frying pan, fry the garlic in a little oil very gently, before adding the creme fraiche, cheese, and pasta cooking water. Once the cheese has melted, add the lemon juice.
3. Put the spinach in a colander and pour the pasta over it, so the hot water cooks the spinach.
4. Add the pasta into the creamy mixture alongside the salmon, and mix quickly.
5. Scoff with a large glass of water.


One suggestion for next time is not to try and talk on the phone with Chirag at the same time as cooking, especially with him trying to remember why he woke up with drawings all over his face and shock pink lipstick on. I managed to burn the garlic, although it did make my house smell very nice.

No comments: