Thursday, November 20, 2008

Apparently Chileans love frankfurters too!!!

So, I am in Chile doing yet another Habitat trip. Unlike in Kenya, we are staying in the most civilised place, which even has wi-fi connection, so I can keep you all up to date with my happenings here.

I have been here 3 days so far, and the food has been absolutely amazing. We are staying in a little town called Valle de Casablanca about 45 minutes from Santiago, and each day we have some local ladies cook for us - Lucia for breakfast and dinner and Rosita for lunch.

The first foodie thing we noticed is that there is a LOT of meat eaten here - each meal time there are literally HUNKS of meat on offer. For example, this is a typical lunch for us, just look at that hunk of beef I was supposed to eat!!:



The other most pleasing thing is that they are obsessed with frankfurters, just look at their supermarket counters!!! (the bottom shelf was also all yummy sossijes):



And also look at what they fed me for dinner the second night I was here (the gloopy stuff it is served with we decided was some kind of winter melon/marrow thing):




So all in all, having the most fabulous time here foodwise. And I shall post about the fabulous wine in my next one ... :)

No comments: