Monday, December 1, 2008

More sausages in Chile

Chile has had a lot of German influence over the years, and I have already been excited about the availability of frankfurters already. However, in my final days of my Habitat build, sausages just kept getting eaten!

One of the most popular street snacks here is a completos, basically a hot dog with all sorts of mess on top, including mushed-up avocado, onions, tomatoes, and mayo. Chris and I went to try it in our last day in Casablanca, and I am definitely having another one before I leave South America. They toast the baguette a little so it´s crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The staff at the little cafe were quite bemused as we were taken pics (Chris has an awesome one of both of us which I will post later), but here is the chef!:



We spent a brief day in Santiago before leaving Chile, and ate at the very famous Donde Augusto Restaurant in the Central Market. It is definitely tourist central, a huge place with about a million tables. I had a very interesting seafood stew there - curados I think it´s called, which consisted of all the seafood scraps they had, topped with a chorizo, pork knuckle, and pork chops. The pork knuckle was very nice, but I don´t think Chilean seafood was best showcased here:

1 comment:

Chris "Stir-It-Up" Stiriz said...

I could so go for another foot long right about now. So jealous you are getting seconds. Miss ya! XOXO