Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First pud of 2009

I realised what a horrendously sweet tooth Drew had when I visited him in Brighton, and I’m very proud of his resolution for 2009 to cut down the 3 sugars he takes in his tea. As return for his kind hospitality therefore, I attempted to make him one of his favourites, a cheesecake. The problem was that I had not made one for a good few years (probably since school!!), so I kind of made it up as I went along, but it turned out really good!

Raspberry and passion fruit cheesecake (serves 1 hungry, greedy Drew, who refused to let me take any for Kath and James to try!)
150g digestive biscuits
125g butter
Half a large tub of raspberry yoghurt
1 small packet of cream cheese
4 tablespoons sugar
Some fresh raspberries
Some passion fruit

1. Crush the digestive biscuits – the method I used was to wrap them in some paper towels and bash them with an empty wine bottle, but might be safer to use a rolling pin and clean tea towel if available!
2. Melt the butter, and let it cool. Once cool, mix in the crushed biscuits, and press into the bottom of your cake tin
3. Mix together the yoghurt, sugar and cheese and add more/less sugar to taste. I think the version I did at school actually also had some whipping cream in it, but I guess this is a slightly less fat version, hee hee
4. Pour the cheese mixture on top of the biscuit base, and return to the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes
5. To serve, either cover the above cake decoratively with your raspberries and passion fruit. But the trick I learnt from Come Dine With Me is to actually serve it in little glasses – layering both the biscuity/cheesey mixture with raspberry and then topping with passion fruit.

So simple, and really quite yummy! And of course, we were Loving It!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmm awesome cheesecake! I'm still being good and only having one sugar in my tea. But it has resulted in me eating more chocolate to compensate argh!