Monday, June 16, 2008

Kitchen injuries (part 1 of many, I suspect)

My lovely father has always said that even though I'm very smart, I have zero common sense. And he is right! I am now cultivating a lovely bruise after trying to use my wristbone to crush garlic:


Yes I'm a wooz.

Meanwhile, I returned home tonight to cook spaghetti carbonara only to have Nigella Lawson cooking it simultaneously on the telly. One very happy thing is that I have the Aussie equivalent of Sky, with a 24 hour a day cooking channel!!! Best of all, it's mainly British cookery shows, including:

  • Nigella, Jamie, Gordon
  • Masterchef
  • Great British Menu
  • Hairy Bikers Cookbook - I am currently watching them swimming naked in Namibia, thank goodness I've finished that carbonara
  • Simply Ming - some American show which would probably benefit from being renamed

Yes, I am sad and obsessive.

No comments: