Monday, June 30, 2008

Remind me why I'm abroad again?

A brief week trip back to London brought many, many culinary treats - I indulged in my favourite things like shepherd's pie, macaroni cheese, Hertz frankfurters, and Nando's. The weather was also ridiculously nice - as I landed back in Sydney it was pissing it down.



Highlight of the trip was undoubtedly J Sheekey in St Martin's Court, deservedly known as the place to go for fish (and the odd random celeb spot). We could only get a table at the bar, but we enjoyed it all the more for it - service was charming by the bar staff, who rightly advised me to get the razor clams with chorizo and broad beans.




Oh my god, possibly the best fish starter I've ever had, although I realise it doesn't look that appetising in the pic (esp with the missing mouthful as I forgot to take a picture when it arrived). Lovely Dave was generous enough to share 2 of his langoutines with me - very very very good also.

What followed was a turbot that probably would've served six, but Dave and I still managed to polish it off.

I returned to Sydney with an extra inch to pinch. Never mind.

No comments: