Friday, July 4, 2008

Eating cures homesickness

I did return to Sydney slightly grumpy and plumpy - so my week of eating very good food has helped the former, but probably less the latter.

Australia in general is not great for streetfood, unless you count pies which are a bit too peppery. But as I wondered through Potts Point Market I discovered Turkish Gozleme - a kind of crepe filled with things like spinach, cheese, mince, potato.





Delicious with a squeeze of lemon.

The standard of food in Sydney has also risen dramatically since I've been shopping in butchers and delis rather than supermarkets - also a lot cheaper too. This is a ridiculous steak that I had which was about a fiver in old English money - look how huge it is!!:


Uncle B really spoiled us this week, with a trip to Est at the Establishment on George Street. My first 3 hat restaurant in Sydney, and my first Morton Bay Bug - I shall be having more of those - a lovely cross between lobster, crab, and prawns. I must say the main & pud were a little boring. Anyone know why the Michelin inspectors have never bothered to come to Australia?

No comments: