Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weekend in Byron Bay

Most impulsively, Meghana and I decided to take the weekend to go to Byron Bay right at the last minute to do some much needed sun-worshipping. Given the surf town's laid-back persona, I really didn't expect much from the food, but it only continued my love affairs with bugs.


Fish Heads located right on Byron's main beach is not much to look at from the outside, with plastic sheeting sheltering the patrons from the wind and sand, but the menu was very tempting, a nice mix of Australian seafood cooked simply - 6 ways of eating oysters, seafood spaghetti, simply grilled fish.

Balmain Bug was on the menu in a saffron risotto, so I had to eat it:


Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! These bugs don't have much brains (my favourite part of lobsters) but the flesh is just sooooo sweet. One of the yummier plates of food I've eaten in Australia so far.

No comments: