Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cha Cha Moon update

Matthew and I went to Cha Cha Moon after our film screening this week, and it was the first time Matthew had ever been there.

The main reason I'm blogging it is that the prices have shot up! Last time I was there, more or less everything was £3.50 a portion - apparently an introductory offer, but it seemed to last forever. Now, main dishes are around £6/7, sides £4. Obviously it is cheap as chips still compared to what the rest of London is offering, but it did come as a shock!

The standard of the food remains good but not amazing. Matthew loved his crispy duck lao mian, which I think is probably the star of the menu. I was very happy that for the first time I've been there, their chicken fen pi was available:

The portion was so huge I was a bit taken aback, it was only £4.50, the cheapest main dish. On first taste, it was very mustardy (I'm not a big fan of mustard), but the more you ate, the more addictive it was! If only they had it more often.

I also had some shiitake yi mian (伊麵), mainly because I wanted to eat yi mian, and it was the only thing on the menu with it:

It was a teeny bit greasy, but yi mian is so extortionate at Chinese restaurants (why??), I was quite happy just to have some to eat. All washed down with some nice cold soy milk!

Perhaps the most entertaining part of the evening were the two guys sitting next to us. One of them worked for Time Out, and given that Matthew works for a competitor, it led to some interesting debates!

No comments: